Kajals are probably the first makeup product that a person is introduced to. It does not matter if you are dressed up for a wedding or going to a club with your friends, Kajal is the first thing that you will apply whether you use something else or not. I know that you will agree with me when I say that a bold, thick stroke of Kajal coupled with a nude pink lipstick can make all the difference.
Trust me; it can make all the guys swoon! It instantly enhances a woman’s beauty. One thing is sure that Kajal is a sacred bond for us girls and we are never breaking it off! That magical stroke is all our hearts and emotions. Yes, I know you get it.
Alright, enough with our “kaj-lo-mance!” Here is a formulated list of 10 best kajals in India to answer your kajal queries. Let’s get started!
Top 10 Best Kajals In India 2021
1. M.A.C. Modern Twist Kajal Liner
The M.A.C Modern Twist Kajal Liner has a very silky and slushy texture which gives excellent colour and depth. The liner is stuffy, alluring and dense in nature. Its mushy concentration provides a profound and long-lasting effect which lasts for hours. It comes in 13 shades, all very different.
The velvety nature of the Kajal gives you the perfect look in one sweep and is very easy to use. If you are looking to go all black, then go for “Squid”. The Modern Twist has the capacity to last all day, and you don’t have to worry about it staying on your waterline as it performs pretty well in most of the conditions.
Another very important aspect of the M.A.C liner is that it does not disintegrate or falls into pieces. It is very stable and consistent to suit your needs. So, if you are willing to spend a little more then go for the M.A.C Modern Twist as it is an excellent quality kajal which works great in all the seasons.
- A very nice texture, with great coverage
- Long-lasting up to 12 hours
- Transfer and Water proof
- Provides an even colour tone
- Safe for people who wear contact lenses
- One stroke is sufficient because of its gliding and soft creamy formula
- Tested by ophthalmologists
- Uses a twist packaging, but once out, it does not twist back inside. Therefore, you need to be extra careful while using the product to avoid any wastage.
- A bit on the expensive side.
- Transfers on the upper lids
- Fades on the waterline comparatively quickly
2. Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
If you are looking for an epochal look for yourself and you want to tune up the elegance of your eyes, then Lakme Eyeconic kajal is the way to go. All your need is one stroke to get your favourite look. If you think that’s all to it, then here is the catch.
The Lakme Eyeconic Kajal lasts up to 10 hours making travelling or going to the office easy. All you need to do is to apply this once, and you are set for the day. The shades available include black, brown, white, among others.
The colour stays for long, but the waterline area might need retouching to keep it consistent. Styling your eyes also becomes easy, thanks to the kajal pencil which enables you to try any style you wish. It has a twist-up pencil that can be applied in one stroke.
Once it settles, it stays and does not smudge. Experimentation is also on the cards as it comes in a plethora of other exciting colours like turquoise, royal blue and green.
Another very important aspect of this kajal is that it is very easy on your pocket. Easy on pocket does not translate to it being of cheap quality. The Lakme Eyeconic is affordable and does not compromise on quality. The product is dermatologically tested and is safe for everyday use.
Lakme is a very reputed brand and is very well-known all across India, and this product will keep your trust for the brand intact.
- Twist-up packaging is convenient.
- The matte texture is intense giving an excellent finish.
- Long-lasting with fantastic pigmentation
- Very easy to apply.
- Highly affordable
- Available in a massive range of colours – white, green, brown, turquoise, royal blue
- Dermatologically tested.
- Does not last for a long duration on the waterline
- For an intense look, may need two strokes
3. Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal Super Black
Tested by the dermatologists, with the perfect blend of creaminess and two times that intense black, the Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal Super Black is a big Yes. The Kajal is replete with light-absorbing pigments making it last for up to 16 hours.
Don’t be surprised if this Kajal becomes your new favourite! The texture is perfectly smooth, and it feels soft to the touch. The product glides effortlessly on the waterline and provides a look with double the intensity.
Rich with the goodness of natural oils, just one stroke is enough to do the job. Neither does it look patchy, nor does it seem dry. Trust me, a product of this quality, just under 300 bucks is definitely a nice catch.
The Kajal enjoys a cult following among the girls as the pencil will easily last for a good three months even with regular usage. This kajal is probably the queen among the black kajals out there. So much so, that you won’t be able to remove it without a makeup remover.
People with sensitive eyes don’t need to look any further. All in all, Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal Super Black is our favourite. Will it be yours?
- Intense pigmentation with smooth and tug-free application
- Lasts long
- Tested by the dermatologists
- Suitable for people who wear contact lenses
- May seem a bit pricey as you can find other kajals at a lesser price tag offering the same properties.
- The 16-hour claim does not stand up to its expectation.
4. Sugar Twist and Shout Fadeproof Kajal
Sugar Twist and Shout Fadeproof Kajal comes from Germany and is available in two shades. It is a multi-use, high-performing product which is packed with the power of two. The product is easy to use and will cater to any look that you might want – the simple and classy or the smokey, bold eyes.
The texture is top-notch out there and with a buttery formula in does not leave any stones unturned. Just apply a single stroke and let your intense black eyes do the talking! With a semi-matte finish, this Sugar kajal had to make it in our list of best kajals in India.
Although on the expensive side, the Kajal lasts long unless you have a wet waterline. Because of its creamy and buttery consistency, it glides very smoothly and complements all skin tones. If you want to avoid the hassle of continually retouching your Kajal, this should be your pick.
- The packaging is great with a retractable style
- Very smooth application owing to the creamy texture
- Extreme pigmentation which lasts long and is fade-proof
- Ingredients used are exceptionally safe
- No mineral oil, preservatives or paraffin
- Glides easily while applying giving a rich black look
- Ideal for people with sensitive eyes
- Suitable for people wearing contact lenses
- A bit expensive
- After 3 to 4 hours of application, the product starts fading.
- Fails to deliver on its 10-hour claim
5. Faces Canada Magnet Eyes Kajal
From the Canadian soil comes the Faces Canada Magnet Eyes Kajal. It is affordable and performs at par with its pricier counterparts. The retractable pencil form gets rid of the inconvenience of maintaining the pencil by sharpening it always. No pressure is required to apply this as it glides effortlessly along your lower eyelid and provides full effect in a single stroke.
This becomes possible because the Faces Canada Kajal has a creamy and whipped texture. Enriched with vitamin E, the Kajal does not cause any harmful after effects. It is also dermatologically tested and meets all the safety standards for daily use. The staying power of the Kajal is around 6-7 hours.
It does not smudge or melt in humidity or wet conditions and stays long to give you a smokey look every day. Once it is dry, it stays put and only requires a little touch up if you have watery eyes.
So, if you are looking for something affordable and imported at the same time, then this product is for you.
- Very intense pigmentation with a creamy texture
- Rich with the nourishment that Vitamin E provides
- Affordable and extremely easy to use
- Twist-up and down packaging, thus no hassle of regularly sharpening
- In a single swipe, gives a very smooth stroke hence no touch-ups required.
- Dermatologically tested
- Smudges very easily
- Just available in a basic single black shade
6. Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer – Blackest Black
The Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer is another incredible pick that we couldn’t leave out from the list. The pigmentation it provides is intense, jet black and long-lasting.
This Rimmel kajal comes in a variety of colour options ranging from blue, black, grey, nude, green and brown. The Kajal is waterproof and very affordable for our ladies who want to put minimum effort but get the best results possible.
Whether it is a smokey or smudged look, you can pull it off quickly with this another great kajal coming from the Rimmel family. So, if you can’t afford to spend much but still want the best quality product, without going many places, this Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Kajal will be your companion for that sultry, exquisite, beautiful look.
- Lasts long
- Ophthalmologically tested
- Pigmentation is excellent
- Texture may pose a problem for some as it is slightly waxy
- The smudge-free look is missing.
7. Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil
The Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil is another very exciting product. It comes in 6 shades, including black, brown, blue, green, and silver. It is in the form of a gel and has a pen which is retractable in nature. It is straightforward to use and makes your eyes look more beautiful than ever.
It is waterproof in nature and does not require any pressure to apply. One soft stroke is enough, and it settles pretty well. The Kajal has a staying power of 7-8 hours even if you have oily eyelids. The Colorbar I-Glide is smudge-proof and does not dilute in humid conditions.
All the colours are very stable and look spot on. ‘Blackout’ is their most resounding, darkest black shade and looks very pretty if you are looking for a bold makeup look .
- Very pigmented
- A single swipe can effectively provide a very fiery dark stroke
- Does not require any touch-ups
- Requires sharpening which in turn leads to wastage of the product
- It takes some effort to remove even with makeup remover
- Leaning towards the expensive side
8. Plum Natur Studio All-Day-Wear Kohl Kajal
Born and brought up in India comes the award-winning Plum Natur Studio All Day Wear Kohl Kajal. It looks and feels like a gel, and the texture is very mushy, giving the kajal a great consistency without compromising on evenness. The Kajal is water-resistant and does not smudge in hot and humid weather conditions.
Moreover, it is long-lasting, and you can go all day without doing any touch-ups. The Kajal is enhanced with Vitamin E, which not only is great for your eyes but also maintains it. Creating a new look now becomes easy as the Plum Natur Studio Kajal can also be used as a beautiful eyeliner. Be it cat-eyes or a bold look; you can draw everything with this one.
The Kajal is entirely safe for your eyes as it is dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested. It is also free from any chemicals which harm your eyes in the long run and do not have any preservatives which pose any harm.
Bored of repeating the same drug-store brand? Looking for something organic, natural and grown in our lands? If yes, this Plum Natur Kajal is the place to start. So, what exactly are you waiting for?
- Smooth application
- No preservatives, paraben, mineral oil or paraffin
- Smudge-proof and Waterproof
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested
- Intense pigmentation
- Enriched with Vitamin E
- 100 per cent vegan formula
- Does not cause any irritation in the eyes and feels very comfortable
- Not retractable
- Requires sharpening which leads in product wastage
9. Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
Maybelline is probably the most trusted brand in India, providing outstanding products at a very reasonable rate. Keeping up with its name, Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is most definitely a winner.
When it comes to the staying capacity on the waterline, there are very few which can beat it. The product stays put, without any smudging, on the waterline, for ten hours straight. That intense black combined with the gel finish is to die for!
The texture is very smooth, and it effectively brightens up the eye. Even on a hot and humid summer day, this kajal cum eyeliner will not smudge, and that sings praises to its advanced technology.
The gel base is super concentrated and oil-free. Whether it is a simple kajal stroke, a smudged look on the waterline, that thick kohl or the intense smokey eyes, Maybelline gel liner will stand up to your expectations.
- Waterproof and Smudge-free formula which lasts for a long time.
- Intense pigmentation
- Smooth texture so glides easily on the waterline.
- A beautiful gel finish
- Tested by ophthalmologists
- You need to be very precise, patient and have a steady hand to use the brush effectively.
- You won’t be able to remove the Kajal without a proper makeup remover.
10. Himalaya Herbals Kajal
You must have seen this Himalaya Herbals Kajal in your mom’s makeup kit. We all at some point in our lives have started our makeup journey with this Kajal itself. Therefore, it was not right if we didn’t include this product on the list.
Well old, most definitely is gold! Rich with the goodness Damask Rose and Triphala, this Himalaya kajal combines traditional ingredients like castor oil and almond oil to nourish the eyes. It also provides a cooling sensation to the waterline.
The product claims to be herbal and is a good option if you are a huge fan of organic and chemical-free products. The Kajal defines the eye while adding beauty, lustre and volume to it.
It is entirely safe to use even for people with sensitive eyes. The product is highly affordable for someone who has just started to wander in the makeup territory. But the biggest minus with the product is that it is not very long-lasting.
If you wear this Kajal and go about your work all day, don’t expect it to stay on your waterline for more than two hours. On top of that, it smudges very quickly. But as a superior cosmetic makeup tool, this Kajal is something we will recommend only if you are new.
- Made of natural ingredients
- Has anti-aging properties
- Safe for people with sensitive eyes
- Very easy to use
- Highly affordable and easily available
- Cruelty-free and not tested on animals
- Does not stay for more than 2 hours
- Not meant for people with oily waterline and eyelids
- Smudges very quickly if rubbed
- Decent pigmentation
We have had people asking several questions to us, especially related to what things one should consider while getting a Kajal for oneself. So, here are a few pointers that you need to keep in your mind:
Kajal Pencil or Eye Pencil?
Yes, they are different! No, they don’t do the same job. People often get confused between Kajal Pencil and Eye Pencil. The latter is specifically used to highlight the eyes and are mostly used as a liner. They are not efficient in the waterline.
On the other hand, kajal pencil is formulated for the application on the waterline or the lower eyelid. Because people get confused between the two, many complain of irritation after using the eye pencil. Well, now that you know why, stop doing that!
Automatic Pencil or One Which Requires Sharpening – Which One Should You Choose?
Kajals come in a variety of forms. Some require sharpening, and some are retractable and automatic, while the others are gel-based. Now it’s up to you – what suits your needs better and which suits your budget best.
Automatic pencils have 0.3-0.4g content while the sharpening types have 1g content. That is one stark difference! Despite the fact that sharpening leads to wastage, still, that is a considerable distance that the automatic ones have to cover. Thus, the latter will last about two to three times more.
If your eyes are sensitive and it cannot tolerate any outside interference, then automatic kajals may pose a problem. While applying, it may look like your eyes are getting poked. In contrast, the sharpening types are comfortable to use. Then again – it all depends on what you prefer.
Which Brand Should You Choose?
The market is flooded with a plethora of brands claiming to be the best. Nonetheless, you need to choose the one which you trust the most, the brand which has worked for you in the past.
Most kajals don’t have a mention of the ingredient list on them; therefore, in that aspect, we can’t really tell what’s going inside our eyes. Check if the Kajal is smudge-proof. How long will it last? If the formula and texture is soft or not. And most importantly, if the product is water-resistant!
What is the shade that you want?
We have mentioned kajals in our list which comes in a number of shades. Of course, the classic black remains unbeatable, but experimentation is the new norm. Keeping with that, go for the one which has your “perfect” shade available.
Remember, price is just a number! A product with a heftier price tag is not necessarily the best. That does not mean that you go and get the first thing that you see in the market.
Any makeup product that you are thinking of purchasing, be it kajal, eyeliner or mascara; it needs a bit of understanding, especially because you are using it on your body. You don’t want any trouble, right? In our list above, we have the best kajals from different brands in all price ranges.
Take a look, make up your mind and grab yours now!